Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Carving Craze



To simplify life a bit, we opted to carve only one family pumpkin and let the kids decorate a little one. Permanent markers in the hands of the little ones was a treat...they are soo deprived! They loved scribbling and joking around with their pumpkins.



Yes, the apron I am wearing is a Christmas one...'Tis the season right? Anyway, it was all it had. But I love getting my hands squishy and dirty in pumpkins. I have to say compromising was an issue at first. Some wanted a mad face and others a happy one. So I had to work feature by feature. What kind of mouth do we want...eyes, nose...round or triangular...it's only going to get harder...Tarin and Raegan don't have too much of an opinion yet. But it was fun.




The best part for everyone was lighting it and watching it glow in the dark. Every night I am reminded to light it. Don't mind our looney Tarin.

Raegan wanted to share her wonderful works of art with the neighborhood.


No comments: