Monday, October 20, 2008

Bus Driver Appreciation Day...What?

Yes there is a day for it. But I'm glad, because our bus driver is really the greatest. Of course the first week...okay maybe two, he was in shock that we have 4 children that get on for the same school (and yes a 5th child in my arms), but he really is a wonderful individual. Mr. Ben is an older gentleman, but truly takes care of the children on the bus...first off he doesn't take lip from anyone (go Mr. Ben--high 5 it!). Second I see the respect he has for our children with his knowing each of their names and waving goodbyes. Finally, in inclement weather (many rain days here) he turns down our circle to pick up or drop off at our driveway. So I made sure our children noticed these attributes and allowed the opportunity for them to express their thanks.



For FHE (Sunday nights are best) we made cards and cinnamon rolls. I love to see our children create, especially for someone else.





Tarin's handwriting is getting so much better. I love her drawing of the bus and our "circle street".


Raegan surprised me how well she writes. The squiggles are "lots of writing."





Jarom is my most thoughtful one. He takes time to make things look just right. He tries new creative ways to write his letters. (No Trent it isn't too girly). Rian tries to be creative as well and wants everything to look extra special.

No comments: