Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Bear Lake

Wardwell Family Reunion at Bear Lake.  This place is where everyone wanted to come back to.  It's a beautiful lake that hits the Idaho/Utah border.  I love the open fields and beach grasses with boardwalks.  

This first day that we drove down was after church on Sunday so by the time we got up there the sun was setting behind the mountain and I wasn't able to use the glow of the sun.  I love the low lights of the sun, but we got some kind of picture, so its a win.

making our way to the cabin to meet up with the rest of the family, we crossed into the Idaho side 

This was our excellent view off the back deck of the cabin.  The sunrises and sunsets were amazing. 


Next morning, I wanted to get out for a bike ride.  It was over cast and a bit chilly.  Trent went for a run first... then I got out for a ride.  Planned on 20miles.  At first, it wasn't too bad.  Roads were a little rough and not very smooth, but I loved looking out over the country side.  I road north through the little towns like St. Charles, Bloomington and Paris.
          
on my way back, it started to rain and get a little bit windy... kind of got miserable.  I had texted Trent to come get me about 2 miles from home.

Later in the afternoon, it cleared up and I took Rian driving around Garden City around Bear Lake.  She did a great job.

Next day was random fun and the family "olympics"
          
Gage trying to lick his big brother Denham


          
Then we took some time to play at the lake.


Jarom
          
Tarin

Ammon
          

I had more of everyone, but it was on my other camera and a pain to get to... :o(

Then we had to have some Raspberry shakes...they are so so good!

That night it was performance time.  Gpa did Pirates of Penzance with James.  It's a family joke for years.

Next morning, the last morning, I headed out for an early morning ride.  It was beautiful!!  Peace and beauty all around.  Just me and the road.  I aimed for 30 miles.  I headed north, but in St. Charles headed East to ride around the top of the lake and make it to the other side.



Other side of the lake looking to where I came from.  The sun still hadn't made it over the mountain.  Point of turn around, and to make my way over to the sunny side.
A great way to end our time at Bear Lake.  Thanks to Gma and Gpa for the wonderful few days at a beautiful place.  We all had a great time.

No comments: