Saturday, July 4, 2015

50 Miles or More

Continuing my road bike hobby, my friend, Tia White, and I decided to try making it to 4 temples...roughly 50 miles round trip.  Left kind of early, like 5:30am, and hit Oquirrh Mountain Temple in Daybreak first.  Because it was the 4th of July, there wasn't much traffic, and we had perfect weather.  Then we made it to the Jordan River Temple, then crossed the valley to the Draper Temple...by the way, that is a huge climb up to that temple.  I was proud of myself for making it.  Then we went around the point of the mountain to work our way to the Mount Timpanogos Temple, but realized I was running out of gas - mentally and physically.  So I decided to forgo that stop and head home.  It was rough hitting that wall.  I had called Trent to met me 2 miles from home.  I really wanted to finish it, but overall I was still able to hit 50 miles.  It was a new best for distance for me.  It was great!
Draper Temple

No comments: