Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Temples

I just can't get enough of the beauty and importance of temples.  They are apart of my life and I hope to always be worthy to attend such a wonderful piece of heaven.  With the Timpanogos Temple closed for maintenance and cleaning, I saw this as an opportunity to hit the Oqur Mountain Temple in Herriman, the Jordan River Temple in South Jordan and the Draper Temple in Draper.  I like trying the other buildings.  
Jordan River Temple

Elder Bruce C. Hafen wrote an amazing article in the September 2015 Ensign (yep I'm behind on blogging, today is really October) called "The Temple and the Natural Order of Marriage".  Amazing article and worth the read!! In it he quoted Hugh Nibley saying, "The temple is built so as to represent the organizing principles of the universe.  It is the school where mortals learn about these things... The earth temple [is] in the middle of everything, ...around which all heavenly motions revolve, the knot that ties earth and heaven together." I love having such a wonderful place to go and not only help our ancestors reach salvation by doing their work, but a place for peace and meditation.  It keeps my mind open to revelation and staying close to God.  It maintains my spirit while I go through times that test my testimony.  I know God lives, and I know He is close.
This day, I loved coming out the front entrance of the Jordan River Temple after a storm blew threw.  This picture just doesn't cut it... the pristine sight of color, cleanliness, and gorgeous mountains framing out the vast Salt Lake valley, then big, white fluffy clouds accentuating the big blue sky... oh it was breath taking.  I had to sit among the tulips out front and bask in the bright warm sun of the day.  The Son, was symbolic to me that day.  Always there even during the storms but comes shining through and brightens the soul.  I am a witness...

No comments: