Saturday, May 23, 2015

May Is Busy, But Fun

Another crazy month.  Soccer, end of school year events and...just crazy!  Every May will look like this.  But its been great to see all our kids accomplish so much and be shaped into wonderful people.  They grow up so dang fast!  I love them so much!


Soccer, and rainy day... Ammon is in the yellow jacket dribbling.  Poor little Raegan was having a hard time with how cold the rain was.  It was really tough.  She's number 5 in the blue and white striped jersey.  But that day they did win.  She was strong.
          

Tarin, had cleared up later in the day.  She had a great season too. 
        

Jarom had a band concert.  He's been first chair in baritone most of the year in Concert Band.  He's really impressed me how great he's magnified his talent of music.

Yes, the cat has missed me.  When I'm substitute teaching or out running errands, she gets lonely and starts bringing out the toys off of Raegan's bed.  I love finding this pillow in the hallway.  I see it as a term of endearment...a sign that I am loved.  I love our cat.  She really has been my little buddy through so much.  Loves me unconditionally.

Love the spring rain showers.  Looking down Grandview road I had to stop and take this pictures.  Looking over Utah Lake toward the mountains, its just so grand.

Attended the Draper Temple.  It was amazing.

Had an impression to get my kids involved in swim team.  I'm a little sad I hadn't thought of this a few years earlier.  It's pretty expensive, but wish I had done it anyway.  I'd love for Jarom to be involved, so I tried to get him to the pool to practice his strokes.  His freestyle looks awesome, and backstroke is great, but it's the timing of breastroke and butterfly that held him up.  Kicking myself I hadn't continued to teach my kids.  Its the same story with Tarin.  I will put her into swim lesson this summer to get her ready for next summer to be on the team.  I hope so.  But this season, since Raegan is young enough, she only needed to know freestyle, backstroke and breastroke.  She was able to tryout for the team with accuracy in these three.  She will learn the butterfly this summer.  And... SHE MADE IT!  She did a great job!  So excited to share my love of swimming.  Next year I do hope to get Tarin, Raegan and Ammon on the team.

Raegan did a powerpoint presentation in class about the Scientific Method.  Thank you Trent for helping her out with this.  Luckily it was a simple year for scientific method, but so glad Trent helped her...I'm so burned out with that stuff...  But she did a great job putting her slides together and presenting.

Award ceremony for 6th grade.  Tarin is in the blue jacket and orange shorts.  This also included student council awards.  She did a great job this year.

No comments: