Friday, April 3, 2015

Lamb Of God

This program, created by Rob Gardner, was picked up by some talented musicians and conductors here in Saratoga Springs.  Just a few short years ago is when they began this journey to gather local "talent" and put on this production for the public.  I say talent loosely, because its just anyone out there who wants to participate, no try outs.  I'm thankful for that...although I have some background in music, I don't know if I could have qualified for such a wonderful program.  Any how, starting in January, every Sunday evening requires attendance and work.  It had to have been the best thing to happen to me.  My testimony and understanding has grown 100 fold being apart of this production!  No embellishment added to that statement.  I am learning so much through music, words and simply the Lords life.  I learn/feel so much for my Savior about the Atonement and Resurrection, I could never put to words the magnitude of joy that has been in my heart.  It is what has helped me to heal and Know the Savior on a more personal level.  Every performance I cry and have to contain myself to make it through.  By far the best experience of my life being apart of these practices, performances and surrounded by excellent talent (soloists/conductors).  The music from the symphony enhances the spirit so greatly, I was sad to see those nights end.   After those performances at Westlake High School, we will 'fireside' setups in Stake centers, even up in Centerville.   I hope to do this again next year.  

At Westlake High school.  The choir, orchestra, and screens depicting media renditions of the Saviors life.  Very moving.

We practiced at a stake center.  This is the picture they took of everyone.


No comments: