Saturday, April 18, 2015

Breaking In, The Clip In

This day was a bit rough.  I'm still getting us to being clipped into my pedals, and as you can see, I had an incident where I was a fool and fell over.  I road south down Redwood Rd trying to make a personal best on distance.  This spot was 15 miles.  So in my mind that would be 30 round trip.  I pulled over to eat a snack and enjoy the scenery (desert but great mountains).  As I pulled off, I un-clipped my right foot, but leaned too far to my left and started to fall.  I wasn't able to un-clip my left foot in time...  down I went, like an idiot.  Glad no one was around to see the funny girl tipping over on her bike.  Sadly, my knee hit the edge where the road meets the gravel, so jagged rocks and rough edges cut through my pants.  Wow, this was painful.  I had nothing on me, so I had to just gently tuck my pants over it and hope to make it 15 miles back on a painful knee.

This would be a first of 4 more times I re-injure this knee!  You can see the pain in my eyes as I try not to look so painful.  hahaha  All alone trying to figure out if I could make it back.  Luckily, yes I did.  Trent actually sensed he should come looking for me 4 miles from home, because it did take me awhile.  I was so glad to see him.  Mentally I was done and the wind had kicked up.  He was a blessing.

No comments: