Monday, March 8, 2010

March 6th, 2010

The weekend has come and it has gone! Wow what a great experience! Building up to this day was pretty hard, because I rarely do anything for myself, let alone allow others (cute hubby) to help me... Thanks to my sweetie for encouraging me without pushing me over the edge. Yep, I am a very stubborn person.



So here is my medal of participation. Sounds simple, but this was a fun one to recieve. I love it when my kids like to wear it around the house. For a short while I feel like their hero...a few many more years when they have kids, I may feel like their hero again.


The Result

02:16:21 yep, way under my initial goal of 2:45! After awhile into my training I knew I could do better, but was afraid to announce anything, but in my own thoughts. I was now shooting for 2:15 and would say I pretty much hit it! That put me at a 10:25 pace. I ran the first 10 miles straight and then took a few rests now and then. So I'm thinking I just might do another race in the future and aim for a 2 hour time. I can run it straight through!




Road Trippin'

We took the kids out of school a bit early on Friday, to hit the road south to Albany, GA where the race took place. On the 3 hour drive down, I can't help but love the southern charm. I missed so much more on camera, because driving with a full van of kids is really quite...uhm...entertaining!





"Train...Chew chew" (that's how he says it)



Dawson, GA


1 comment:

DeAnn said...

Great accomplishment--good job. My sister just ran one and kept her time goal a secret too. :)