Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Happy Day To Daddy

Can't have a birthday in our household without a breakfast celebration to begin the day. Gotta love those "little pancakes" by Eggo... Couldn't fit 33 pancakes, sorry babe, your age is outdoing the plate! I'm sure he was hoping to blow out 33 candles...
The kids had a great time shopping for daddy at the store with their own "dollars." I tried my hardest not to influence their decision...only to encourage them to pool their money. Well, they did find a t-shirt, and it was between Zelda (they are big into DS) and Ghost Busters (we've been introducing them to some classics). Drum roll...they chose the glow-in-the-dark Ghost Buster shirt. Ha! Our kids are a bit weird, but it was really an awesome experience to watch them get excited about getting something for their daddy! If my hub wasn't such a stick-in-the-mud when it comes to doing things for him and giving me hints on what he would like for his birthday that didn't cost a bazillion $$ *so typical* then it probably would have been more productive...I need a Ouija board... :) Anyone?
For birthday dessert he wanted strawberry shortcake. Ahh the sweetness of strawberries and easiness! Overall, it was a fun and eventful day. If you haven't noticed, I dearly love, love my honey. He really does a lot for me and our wonderful family. Life would definitely not be what it is without his random, loving and spontaneous ways. I guess you could say we balance each other and fit perfectly in our lives. I love you sweetie! I'm yours forever!





No comments: