Wednesday, August 19, 2009

First Attempts At...

Piano Lessons
I've started teaching piano to my two oldest, Rian and Jarom. With piano lesson almost to $70 a month (I hear is a good deal) we can't affort two at a time, let alonge one. Two years ago I wanted to do this, and my mom helped me find the books...just now I'm thinking I need to 'Just Do It.' Thanks to my mom I have a few theory worksheets and other fun stuff. I hope with all the homework and other responsibilities, this isn't overload for me or the kids.

This will be one time I hope to hear noise on these keys.


Canning
I've canned, froze and jellied those blueberries I had mentioned earlier. Wow, a long day, but sooo worth it. I'm learning a lot. The kids just love the jelly.

Not Building It
The annual ward pine wood derby...well, it was a first that we went to our local Hobby Lobby and purchased it! (Oops did I just say that...we purchased it?) Well, it wasn't anything special, we only got 7th place in the non specified round, or whatever it was called. But the kids still had a great time!

1 comment:

Stacey DeMille Wardwell said...

The jam looks fabulous! Way to go....also good luck on the piano lessons. I think those were the worst fights I ever had with my kids, however, at least SOME of them can play now:)