Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Stake Pioneer Trek

I had to steal these pictures from my friend, thanks Kelli, because the camera I used was another friends and it may be a bit before I can get some from her. With that said, I wanted to let everyone know what a great experience this was. Next time we will be Ma's and Pa's...because working with the stake only has it's views from so little of a perspective. Despite all of the rain and flash flood warnings on day one, the youth did such a great job with all the challenges this land put in front of them. (Wow, quite the gullies they came to) This trek was dedicated to my ancestor Phoebe Draper...who later settled Draper, UT but lost her husband and left to care for her 5 children. The "Women's' Pull," resembling when the men went off to battle in the mormon battalion, was emotional for me with Phoebe in mind.



Here was the start of day two. This is also the Ma and Pa from our ward, Keith and Heather Cotrell. They did such a great job. "Sorry our tent leaked!" But then again, so did everyone elses...




I did have the opportunity to do some filming for this trek. Bro. Houghtaling needed to leave, and left me with his video camera. I was honored to be the one to see all the obstacles in detail. There is one scene I hope never makes it public, this is a decree to Kim Mayfield to keep it to herself! :o)










Okay, so here is me, trying to disguise my yuck-ness. I can say I came out of this experience with only one little friend...Mr. tick didn't last long.

3 comments:

The Gardner Family said...

That sounds like it was so not fun but an incredible experience anyway. You did a great job and I am sure the youth will rememer this for the rest of their lives.

Kiley said...

You look WAY cute!! How can you look that good in that heat?!

Stacey Wardwell said...

I just realized that I made that comment as Kiley - hmmm, someone has been on my computer! This is mom!!