Thursday, December 18, 2008

Puppy Dog Eyes

I thought I would spare the reader any illustrations. Lately a slight fever and miserable runny nose hit the household, keeping a little one home from school. She was very sad to miss her last few days of school, especially the holiday party. Of all the kids, this miserable sickness hit the one that actually wants to go to school each and everyday. She is so sad when the weekend comes... Anyway, to top it off, I thought I saw her watery eyes turn a little red and goopy, so I got out the leftover antibiotic, and started her on it. No problem...well in a family of more than one, things tend to spread. Raegan is an "in your face" passionate sweety, so she's been all over her baby brother, leading to the result of crusted over eyes this morning. The poor boy had it kind of bad which obviously, not doubt has spread to the other eye. Everytime he looked at me, I felt so sad for him. He wasn't acting differently, still as busy as ever, but he has those sweet, big, blue eyes that were just calling to me.

Well, I called a new perscription in, since I was starting to run out. Both of them, by days end, are looking tons better. But to no end, Tarin is showing signs of tired, red eyes...good thing my ammo was good and ready. I might need to stock up on more clorox wipes, but lets hope this is the end of the epidemic.

2 comments:

DeAnn said...

It seems to be a Georgia thing for some reason. Pink eye ran through our home numerous times while we lived there. I hope everyone feels better soon and that you have a healthy Christmas.

The Schaefer's said...

As a mom, I can handle poop, puke, rashes, you name it, but not pink eye. It totally grosses me out. I don't know why. I make the kids wear gloves when they have it. They get to take them off when they are eating and going to the bathroom. That way I can just take off the gloves and wash them; and not wonder if they touched their eyes with their hands and then what they touched afterward. They get tired of how many times a minute I tell them to wash their hands. I feel for you. Hopefully, it will all be better soon.