Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Letters To Santa

Finally got around to letters. I'm so glad they still have simple ideas...but I think this may be the last year. Santa isn't a huge subject in our house. I've kind of gotten away from the big concept of Santa, and focused more towarded the concept of giving...we drew names for the first time in our family history, and they were so excited to use their own money to get each other things. The kids have been helping me make goodies for others and love to give them away. Seeing gifts under the tree already, they already know that Gma's and Gpa's and also mom and dad want to give them gifts. We never really come out and say there isn't a Santa, but more along the lines of fading him out. Our Savior is the real reason for Christmas, and I want them to know that quantity of gifts shouldn't be an issue in our house. It's the conept of giving, and serving each other just as our Lord, Redeemer showed us how.

1 comment:

Jill Ison said...

those are so sweet. i like how your fading santa out. I wish i could do that. I told my oldest there is no Santa but she just keeps on believing! im not kidding it's like i never told her...