Friday, March 1, 2013

El Clase' de Espanol

When we moved to Georgia, one thing I especially missed from the Utah environment were the community classes offered by UVSC, now UVU.  These classes are amazing.  I learned how to cut my own kids hair, or took a ceramics class...loved them.  So moving back here it was the first thing I looked for.  It wasn't til now that I'm able to take advantage of this opportunity, but I'm so glad to benefit from it.  I've always wanted to learn a new language, and Spanish seemed the most practical and "easiest" to start.  Well, with only the knowledge of one semester in high school and Trent's association with Mexicans in his construction business back in Georgia, I have a lot to learn.  I only have 8 classes (2 hrs each) to soak up what I can...before paying for another session.  Luckily, a few brothers and brothers-in-law and a texting amiga from class, I'm doing my best to learn.
Every morning, I sit at the table to do a little studying, and Leona is right there to help me.  She fights with my pencil and suns on my notebook.  I think she's trying to give me a message.

No comments: