Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Track Season

Rian decided to try her hand in track.  She has the long legs and, in my opinion, is a great runner.  She was a little taken back by how much distance they run in practice, but I think she likes it.  Mostly I think she likes being part of a team and with her friends, but this will give her a chance to try new things.  Her first meet was today, against their rival school American Fork Jr. High.  I think it opened her eyes to the running competition and that it can be rough.  She participated in two events.  The 1600m (mile) and the 800m (1/2 mile).  I think she learned quickly about pacing or at least that she needs to figure it out, because she wore out quickly.  But this was a great way to learn.  Very proud of her for all of her effort.

No comments: