Friday, September 14, 2012

Visitor -- Big Sis

My oldest sister, Shanda, came up to visit.  First day she just lived a day in the life of... me.  She helped me grocery shop and run errands...I know just what you want to do on your vacation.  But I guess doing someone elses is more fun.  Anyway, day 2 we relaxed and then went and did a session at the Mount Timpanogos Temple while Ammon went to preschool.  It was pretty cool to go the temple twice in one week, since Tuesdays are my temple days and here we were going again.  Best part we knocked out two names that I did for a friend. 

Friday, we decided to run up to visit my brother Jeff who works as the events coordinator at the Conference Center by Temple Square.  Afterward we went up to Centerville to visit his wife and their new baby girl, Brynlee.  Such a sweet little baby.  Loved being up there and seeing their boys too.


While at the conference center, Jeff has access to different areas that are normally off limits, but gave us a tour of it all.



To see it in person is amazing!  I was here over a decade ago for the dedication, but only seeing it on a projector screen or TV for so long, it's breath taking and so vast!

Altogether...me and Ammon, Jeff and Shanda
Looking out from the podium area, can you imagine being a speaker?...so many looking at you!  We got to sit where MO TAB gets to sit.

We went back stage and then up to the catwalks in the ceiling.  This room is just above the catwalks and we could look down all the way through to the podium and seats.  I will admit, this literally took my breath away.  It was hard to look down and walk across this grate.  It was pretty scary.  Ammon wouldn't go anywhere up there without holding a hand or walking on sheets of plywood.  I don't blame him...
Looking down through the grate at the podium


Then we had the privilege to go up top in the garden area.  I'd never been up there, but some great views.
Jeff, me and Ammon.                                       Ammon loved the water features...shoes eventually came off and were thrown into the fountain...crazy kid.

Later that evening back in Utah county, we went to this antique shop I've been wanting to check out.  It's used for many photo ops, so we did our own... hehehe
Looking good sis!

No comments: