Monday, September 17, 2012

Stewart Falls

I decided to try Stewart Falls with Ammon since, by mistake, I almost did it with my sister the weekend before.  It's only a 2 mile hike and seemed simple enough.  I wanted to take the Alpine Loop to get there since I've never driven it.  Wow, the views are impressive!  Fall colors everywhere (wish I had brought my SLR)  The aspen trees are amazing and reminds me why I love nature so much.
Of course this drive took a bit longer then expected but was worth it.  so our hiking time was cut short, since we needed to get back to the kids coming home from school.  But we had a fun time together and ate a fun lunch.  I've decided to bring all the kids back next time and finish it!

yep my eyes were closed, but oh well, I have proof we were there :o)

We saw chipmunks and squirrels and found some great skipping rocks for water...he likes to collect these for his dad and brother.  Such a fun day.

1 comment:

Wendy said...

You've had a busy summer with lots of fun hikes. We should go together on hikes with our kids next summer. I'd love to try the American Fork silver hike. Love reading your blog as usual!