Thursday, September 1, 2011

Youth Temple Trip


sorry for the terrible picture--me, Melissa, Charissa
Had an incredible opportunity to go with my friend Melissa, her daughter, Abby, and all the youth in our ward to the Atlanta Temple. With the temple reopened, many youth were there to do baptisms for their first time. Although I've done baptisms before, it's been a long time...but it was amazing to go and help not only the youth, but my friends new to the gospel. My favorite part was sitting off to the side of the font, in my white dress, to watch Abby do the last batch of names and seeing her mom standing to look over her daughter. It was a sweet moment, because I had a brief glimps of a mother watching over her daughter with love and admiration. A moment that I knew Melissa felt the spirit and reverence of the ordinance. And for Abby being so eager to do all 20 names that were left, instead of dividing them up, so she could be apart of something she knew was good. One year count down til Melissa can go through the temple for her own endowments! Very excited for her and her family.

No comments: