Sunday, August 21, 2011

Peachtree Triathlon



Yesterday, August 20th I swam/biked/ran my first Sprint Triathlon! I absolutely loved training and getting ready for this event. I enjoy challenging myself and trying new things. This event was a .3 mile swim, 14.1 mile bike ride and 3.1 mile run.



This is only a fraction of all the bikes...this transition area was packed full. The highest # I saw was 1089 so I'm guessing that is how many participated.



I finished within my goal time! My goal was 1:45 min...I beat that with 1:43! I was pretty excited. My swim was awesome, I passed so many people...but then I saw them pass me on my bike ride. I had a mountain bike, so next race I will have slicks/road bike. The run was brutal after the bike ride. Wow it was hard. But i finished strong and ready to try another triathlon!!


My friend Kelli Allen was the one to encourage me to do this race. We trained a little together and loved it. This was a good day. I was a a little sore, but next day, I don't feel a thing. Guess I had some good training. Next triathlons in June at Lake Lanier is my next goal!

2 comments:

Stacey DeMille Wardwell said...

Really impressive Rhonda - you're inspiring!

DeAnn said...

Awesome! I would love to do a triathlon someday...:)