Monday, October 12, 2009

Cabin...Fever?

Ahhh the cure of the fever, enjoying family time at the cabin. I had heard that my two brothers and their families had gone up for a few days. My little brother, Tony, was on his way to join them so I decided to hitch a ride and tag along. So Friday night we arrived around 10:30pm just in time to catch the end of their movie. Scott and Heather and their 5 sweeties, and Ben and Karen and their 5 cuties needed some Auntie Rhondi time! (The little ones only know their Aunt Shanda, so I needed to teach them my name too)
This cabin is about 2 hours from Phx, in the cool mountains!



Hunter and Josh playing video games.


Tatum getting ready to bless the food


Makayla and Paige

Pancakes for breakfast! Josh was the first in line.

Finishing up breakfast

Jake and Riley


Loving it!

Tony's new ride...he had to bring it up to try out the 4x4 ability

Lookout Tower

Tony and Brooke


Wind blown hair from the 4 wheeler racing Tony's truck up the trail. Tony is sporting his Wolverine look.

Makayla, me and Brooke (Brooke is the oldest of the grand kids)

Jake and Riley get the first ride


First thing Sunday morning, Tony and I head back to town. A short visit, but some good times. Since it was dark on the drive up, I didn't get to take in the familiar scenery that I've come to love. The Beeline Hwy is a well traveled route in our family. It's amazing how I feel like I know each of these mountains as if they have watched me grow up.



Cactus for the kids to see.


Sugar Loaf Mountain, where we would take our 3 wheelers many years ago.


Fountain Hills--The fountain always goes off at the top of the hour and last for 15 mins. We would always look for this fountain.


No comments: