Sunday, April 19, 2009

Georgia Aquarium

Wow, what an adventure and a treat to go to the Georgia Aquarium...after being open for over 3 years, I was hoping it wouldn't be too crowded... (commentator) "The Georgia Aquarium welcomed its three millionth guest on August 24, 2006, and its five millionth on May 23, 2007." Okay so I was very wrong about it not being so crowded. I felt like we were the 11 millionth customers... it was still a great experience.

We dropped Ammon off at Troy and Kristin's house, THANK YOU, and took off for Atlanta--only a 30 min. drive. It's a very impressive facility "...world's largest aquarium with more than 8.1 million gallons of marine and fresh water housing more than 100,000 animals of 500 different species.

After the aquarium, we dropped by a recommended pizzeria called OZ in Fairburn. I love the quaint towns with their southern charm and history oozing from every brick. Very good pizza.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Pretty cool!

Jill Ison said...

that looks so cool. I bet your kids were in heaven. quaint towns rock. they ooze with all kinds of good stuff. did you say youre coming here in october?

Mandy said...

It looks like you had a blast! You took some great pictures!

The Gardner Family said...

I love the aquarium! I bet your kids had a great time. I don't think it will ever not be crowded.