Saturday, March 1, 2014

Fixing Stuff

 I've had this cupboard thingy for a long time, but the hinges were so bad.  Years ago I took the doors off to replace the hinges, but couldn't find the right size hinges...then we moved and I was afraid to loose it's parts...moved again...  anyhow, I finally found parts but the holes for the screws were so striped I had to do something.  In the class I took "Finishing Basements,"  I learned this trick.  I asked my father-in-law for some of his golf tees, drilled out the bad holes that were rotted away and too large for the smaller screws.  Put wood glue on the tees and crammed them into the newly made holes. 

Then I sawed off the ends to be flush with the board...

There you have it, new wood to drill new holes for the hinges.  Now I have a door hinge to work on...ugh.

No comments: