Thursday, October 31, 2013

Happy Halloween




Halloween is fun, but sadly it's just not my holiday of "over-doing-it".  I guess I live in the wrong state for that...oh well.  Sadly again, it's rubbed off onto my kids.  I don't think about costumes until the week of (terrible I know).  So my kids haven't really been to into it either.  Sure they love to dress up, but even Tarin just wore a cape and no make up or "hassle items" because it's just fun to be with friends and family and (most importantly) get candy!

For our ward party it was a trunk or treat.  Ammon is my Blue M&M (he loved getting M&M's--kind of wierd).  The rest of the family went to an Imagine Dragon's concert, so it was just Ammon and I at the party.  At first he was scared, and really, I wasn't too comfortable either.  We are still new to the ward and the ward it literally 800+ members reading in 5 families a week (about to split)...so it was odd not knowing anyone.  But as you can see, he warmed up.  The plus side to a huge ward there were tons of cars that had their trunks decorated and lots of candy to go around.  Loved this guy, he did a great job on his costume.
        
Here is the concert pictures...kind of hard to see
Of course Rian loved it, and Raegan warmed up, but overall it was overwhelming for the three younger ones.  But now they can say they have been to a concert and know what it is like.

Halloween day the Elementary had a parade.  I didn't catch Tarin or Ammon but Raegan as a vampire.
 Halloween night, Jarom dressed up from Studio C comedy show "Lobster Bisque" and Ammon the M&M.  Ammon loved going around with big brother and mom far back watching. Tarin went with Elissa, a friend, and Rian went over to friends house to watch a scary movie.  Raegan, well, she was mad at me for something, so didn't do much.
 and of course, reap the rewards...luckily, the kids were able to donate most of their candy to the troops (helps me not eat more) through the school and get a coupon to the trampoline place.  Much healthier holiday.
Overall, it was a good night.

No comments: