Saturday, October 12, 2013

Georgia Time


Thursday morning, October 10th I get up early to fly out of Salt Lake City to visit my "home".  For years when we moved to GA I longed to be back west close to what I knew to be home.  Little did I know that home was all around me.  I had grown so much in our 11 1/2 years of living there that I had to go back for a visit and see all the wonderful people there.

Upon arriving into Atlanta, I grabbed a rental car and headed out to Newnan.  Oh it was so surreal...I had to get my bearings and it just flooded back to me.  I stopped by both our old houses and drove all around the area.  Although I did come out to visit and had no plans of any kind, I did a lot of driving and just soaked it all in.  If I never get back I wanted to really remember this place. 
The southern charm and core beliefs are so amazing.  I felt so at home.  Living in Utah just isn't the same.
          
Wish my kids could have come too...I saw many of their friends.
Sydney Farmer and family
Catalina Reisinger, Sam Thorne, Hailey Bake and sooo many more!  Can't believe how fast everyone grows up!

I saw many of my friends too and didn't take enough pictures!  Melissa Coe, how did we not get a picture together!!  My sweet kindred spirit whom we are bound forever.  I love you and had an amazing time with you!But I feel I saw many of the ones I longed to see.  I didn't even touch the Summergrove and Newnan Ward peeps...I love you guys wish I had a week to visit!!

I did get to spend some time with some other ladies that made my last few weeks in Georgia (before moving) the best times ever.  Kristi Henderson and Lisa Carlock.  So we continued the saga...we headed up to a Hilton by perimeter mall.  We had a blast!  

 Ladies on the loose...watch out!  Had to get the king and queen in the background...too bad their crowns didn't show up very well.  Thanks to the gentleman that Kristi flagged down with "hey baby" in his car to take our picture!

We hit Chow Baby for dinner...oh so amazing!  Need to do that again sometime!
Afterwards we were looking for a club with bands to check out...we were directed to one called West Terminal.  Well, Kristi went in to check it out, and I decided to ask the officer in the parking lot for a good place to park (with Lisa in the back seat).  Well after a short talk he asked why Lisa was in the back (passenger seat empty of Kristi).  I joked that I'm her paid friend...well, come to find out Kristi said the bands were crappy because it was Pride week.  Oh man, did that officer think we were crazy!  But a lot of things made sense the rest of the night...
Finally we set off for Atlantic Station and hit a few stores.  Then we headed back and hit the hot tub and poor James...or was it Jason the maintenance guy who let us into the hot tub after hours?  Anyway, we all crashed and made it to 1pm church in Sharpsburg ward the next day.

That night, the Marlers invited me to dinner at their new house.  Great place out on the BT Reservoir!  I had a blast with all my little buddies.  Love you guys!

A huge Thank You to Brian and Lori Clark for letting me stay with them while I leaned back on old times.  Love you all so much.
I sure hope to be back and see everyone again real soon.

No comments: