Thursday, October 18, 2012

Raegan's Piano

With piano getting expensive, I did decide to pull Raegan out of lessons from an outside teacher.  4 kids playing gets pretty pricey...  This is her first year and I still wanted her to learn.  I taught our first two kids for their first year, and that is what I've decided to do with Raegan.  I have all the books and knew with her eagerness to learn, she would do alright with me as her teacher.  She has done extraordinarily well.  She has only been playing since the beginning of September, and has completing the first book.  I'm so proud of her.  
One issue she had, was her trying to play up in the black keys.  Her fingers were stiff and couldn't move.  Even though I kept reminding her to curl her fingers and play in the white (on the edge of the keys) she couldn't remember.  So finally it dawned on me.  I dampened some toilet paper and stuffed them in between the black keys.  Hallelujah!  It worked.  She's doing better.  Here in a few weeks, the others have their recitals and I will have Raegan all ready to play for the family at the next fast Sunday gathering.  Nice work baby girl!

No comments: