Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Happy Halloween

A few events are all in this post, but all have to do with Halloween.  First of all, I decided to take on a challenge that I started 2 yrs ago.  I had gotten a pattern, fabric and all items necessary to make fairy costumes for Tarin and Raegan but never made them.  This year, I was going to finish that project...talked them into being fairies so I wouldn't be doing this in vain.  Only downer was I decided this a week before all the events were taking place.  Yep, I was crazy, but determined to finish this and accomplish a long lost project.  This project turned out to be more difficult then I originally anticipated, but I did finish it!  I was proud of myself.


Found these embelishments and liked how they turned out.
She liked how it turned out.  And I thought I would be bold and try the face makeup.  Not sure I will try that again, but it was fun to try.

Tarin's costume was the exact same, but obviously blue.

Her eye was healing nicely, and could hardly be seen.


Death made an appearance.  What a funny guy!

Then there was my Pirate!  He loved his mustache and goatee.

For our ward party, we went to the nearby Assisted Living facility, The Charleston, and had the kids parade through their dining hall, then sang to them.
Halloween night, Gma Wardwell put on a Halloween party for the kids in her garage.  They all had a blast.


Then it was Trick-or-Treating time.  The older ones (Rian, Jarom and Baylie) had all left to go together, so this was all the younger ones (without Jodi and her family--already left).

It was fun walking around with them.  Houses a lot closer then in Georgia, so they were able to maximize their time.  Ammon had the most fun of all.  Last year, he sort of understood what went on.  But this year he really figured it out and after every house had to show me how much more candy was filling up his bucket.  Such a fun age.


Then after a little while (being a school night) we called it quits and let them check out their loot.  Such fun times to being a kid, and a parent to watch them enjoy all these moments.

No comments: