Friday, March 2, 2012

It Was Time...

Our little girl came to us in August 2011. She was so small and adorable.


She melted our hearts with her big brown puppy eyes, long floppy ears and strong puppy paws. She truly was a new adventure.


We learned so much from Charlie. She was such a joy to have.


Sad to say that Charlie has found another home. She is a sweetie and loved by all of us, but she has been very difficult for me to manage with trying to sell a house and with images of moving cross country into unfamiliar territory. Obviously there is more to the story, but I want to keep this simple and sweet.


Feeling guilty for several weeks, I decided I need to just do what will save my sanity, so we listed her on Craigslist. Right away several interests, but sadly, people are just unreliable. No shows without any followup. We were so sad. Finally we found someone that said she would take great care of her. We took her over with all the kids and said our good-byes. I still wasn't too sure about this lady since my heart was with Charlie, but I needed to let go.



This morning was tough, no sound of a jingling collar, or claws tapping across the hard wood floors or little puppy eyes peering over the couch arm. Many tears have been shed and we all feel like the house is so much emptier.



The kids have so many fond memories of her her cute wrinkled forehead...


her crazy, fun energy...


her love and excitement when we return home...




But most of all we loved her for her soft, sweet heart.

1 comment:

Kendall said...

When Eddie lost his job, we had to get rid of Patton. He was our German Shepard/Boxer mix. I looooved that dog. He was mine. I cried for weeks over him. I am sorry for you and your sweet kids. I know how hard this must be. Love you guys.