Monday, March 19, 2012

Federation Music Festival

This past Saturday was a big day. With Trent already out of town for the past few weeks, I've come to the harsh reality that I'm the only taxi driver to get these kids around to their activities and then if I can...get to my own activities. I was asked to help on the food committee for the Stk Relief Society Women's Conference. This meant some setting up the days before and also making chicken salad mix for the sandwiches...no problem. But I had to be to the Fayette Bldg by 7am Saturday and the kids had a music festival in PTC soon after the conference... Let's just say with the help of Kristin taking Ammon after the conference (THANK YOU!) I was able to attend and the kids were good in a nearby classroom during it...thank you DVD's.


Afterwards, I took the kids for a quick bite and off to the Lutheran Church where the festival was. Tarin and Rae loved the stained glass window. This is a once a year thing where the kids have to memorize 2 piano pieces and perform in front of a judge.



They are critiqued and rated. All 3 were given a superior rating. Great job to them. I am so proud. I think my favorite part was not only did I get to sit in with a judge for an hour as a moderator and hear such talent from many other children, but I got to hear my own kids talk about the amazing talent they saw from other kids their own age and older. I think I saw sparks in their eyes of what they could one day become.

Afterwards...
Pajama Day at Brusters!! Oh yeah, couldn't pass this up...

I sort of used this to my advantage. You know...if you are good we will go get some ice cream...well, let's be honest, I dressed up too. I wanted some...a free waffle cone of ice cream. Wonderful delight! Since it was over 80 degrees, it did melt quickly, so we all needed a change of clothes afterwards, but it was well worth it!!

No comments: