Sunday, January 22, 2012

Cooking Ideas

Lately, I have felt we were in a slump with dinners. Sometimes fast and easy becomes rice and noodles...so I figured it was time to look through all my Kraft magazines I had been getting for years. I'm a visual person, so I needed a picture to decide. Thanks to all those on Facebook as well for a few ideas and recipes.




Since I had been working part time in the evenings, Trent has been cooking...this is not a bash on Trent, because he is an awesome cook, but I felt I needed to take back my role as mom and provider in that area. I'm actually excited. Hopefully that will continue after a few weeks.



First, Alyson Bray told me about this fantastic, healthy smoothie that the kids will drink...and they do! It is a spinach smoothie, but I don't call it that to them. I didn't let them see what I was doing the first time, out of fear they wouldn't even try it! But all it is is spinach leaves, Almond milk, a whole banana, and frozen berries. I've also sneaked in a little protein powder. It starts out green but ends up purple so the kids didn't know. They now know because they help me make it and they will still drink it. I don't do this too much, I don't want them to get sick of it. Most of these items come with my co-op so it's kept me stocked.

Next, I have found this Lasagna Roll up. This recipe doesn't have any meat, and I didn't have any at the moment. But I do have a chicken Lasagna recipe too. Hey, can't cut all the noodles out of the dinner rotation, right?! This was fast and easy, especially with Missionaries to feed.

I've made mini meatloaves, Chili (yum) and many more. I love this and can't wait to try more. And of course these are fast and easy, or else I wouldn't even consider it.

1 comment:

Tana said...

I did send you a cookbook for Christmas last year. I thought I saw a lot of great recipes in it, but maybe you guys don't like that style of cooking. I've been making a lot of recipes lately from a cookbook Matt got me for Christmas called Our Best Bites (from Mormom Moms). I like it a lot and it adds a lot of variety.