Monday, August 15, 2011

Cooperstown, NY

Day 4:
Last full day...the next day we flew home to reality.

From Poughkeepsie, I wanted to take the scenic way to Cooperstown. We drove through Catskill Park. I wanted to see more countryside. Yes it took us longer, but hey, since I didn't have kids and we came all this way...I was going to enjoy it! We drove past some cute Ski Towns and beautiful rivers!



Driving back down the mountainside, there were some pretty farm lands.



Cooperstown, NY

This is where the Baseball Hall of Fame is. This is also where baseball was originated...loved this town!

DoubleDay Field
kind of neat how they rotate out leagues to play here. There was an open game going on when we got there.







Had to try out the batting cages...a few times.


Me too...I wasn't so good...



The town was so charming on the harbor. Each house was like a model home. The styles and up keep were amazing. Picturesque town.


A great day...but onto the last leg of our trip...driving back to Buffalo, NY to fly out the next morning. We hope to be back and see more.



1 comment:

Trent Wardwell said...

Amazing blogpost my dear!!