Saturday, August 13, 2011

Beautiful Baptisms

Abby, Melissa, Kenzie and Ken Coe


I had to add this wonderful chapter in our family's life. This is an incredible family who has recently found the joys of the gospel of our Beloved Jesus Christ. Melissa and Abby Coe were baptized in to The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints this past Wednesday August 11th!

The story began over 17 years ago, when Melissa was taught by two Elders in South Dakota in her college years. The seeds were planted and over the years these seeds were cultivated by several LDS friends she has acquired. Moving here, she meet more LDS ladies from the Newnan ward and then also we soon became great friends. She knew so much about our church, I decided to send the missionaries over. With the help of Elders and Sister Missionaries, Melissa has truly been inspired by so many wonderful examples and realized that baptism into the church is what she really wanted. She knew the church was true and especially knew this is what she wanted her daughters to grow up with.

I have grown so much with Melissa during this flourishing process. I was made to see through fresh eyes the blessing I have and will always have. I have prayed and cried with these sweet friends of mine. Abby has blown me away with her faith and desires to go to the temple, and Melissa has allowed me to be motivated and refreshed with her new found perspective. I love these girls and their beautiful family. I hope Melissa's husband will be able to hear the words of the gospel and feel the spirit that she brings. The Lord works in mysterious ways, but always for the greater good. He is a generous, loving God, and I am thankful for the knowledge I do have and the guidance His spirit brings.

1 comment:

Stacey DeMille Wardwell said...

This is SO awesome Rhonda. Way to have the courage to call the missionaries, what an incredible experience for you and your family.