Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Voyage Back

On our way back to port in the United States, we were riding with the wind, and wow, what a difference...smooth sailing! You couldn't even feel that we were on water. We took advantage of trivia, games, shows, good company at dinner (assigned seating, but we scored) and just enjoying the last days of no cooking, cleaning, disciplining children, making our bed and simply not being on any restricted schedule...







So of course we needed a real game, w/o wind. It was actually pretty hot up their. But well received for what we were coming back to.



A different animal was left each night, when the stewards turned down our bed at night. What a cute turtle.








With our kids in mind, we went to a short class on how to fold our own animals.



I even got Trent involved....lots of kids liked the class too.




This was our attempt at an elephant. Hey, for our first time, I think it looked pretty good.


Yep, even Alan got into it.






Last night on the deck. The moon was hiding behind some clouds, but still fun to be outside and enjoy the fresh, salty air.



I do have to say, we were asked a few times from different people if we were newlyweds...no we didn't kiss all over the place, but having a week together can bring you closer.

3 comments:

Jill Ison said...

your trip looked amazing! seriously. im so jealous. I saw some of these pics your hubby tagged you in on fb. i went on a cruise a long time ago when i was in highschool and it was one of the most memorable vacations ever!

The Schaefer's said...

So much fun...did you get a stamp in your passport? I didn't...I was SO bummed out, but at least I can say I've left the country and used my passport :c)

The Gardner Family said...

I didn't want to comment until I reached the end of the vacation! It looked like you guys had so much fun. I've never been on a cruise I'm a resort vacationer but I think maybe I have been converted.