Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Cozumel, Mexico

Wednesday, Feb. 11 --Because of the "stormy" weather and high winds, our boat was late to Cozumel. But with the way the boat rocked, I guess I believe the excuse. We waited to get off in the main lobby area, only to find out we needed to wait yet another hour... we decided to whip out our 'carnival' deck-o-cards and play Euchre. I always thought that was a card game from the mission...because Trent's mission buddies always played it, dah, they are face cards, but I guess that didn't stop it from being a BYU game...that's where it came from, so Alan knew the game as well. I'm a slow learner, but I caught on and loved it. It became our 'filler' game when we were waiting for shows or what not.














When we finally got off the boat, we took a taxi to a harbor about 10 mins away to do our snorkeling excursion. We were recommended this company, through a friend, (Thanks to Stan and Laura) and had a great time. He (don't know his name) took us on a little speed boat called "Ballena" or whale, to some reefs and a field of star fish. Honestly, I'm a great swimmer, but I have to say, snorkeling takes some getting use to. I swallowed a bit of salt water too, not recommended, but still I was able to dive down to the white sand and pick up some giant starfish. On the way back to the harbor, we saw dolphins! They would swim next to the boat.

***Underwater pictures are being developed, so I'll share that later.


After getting back to the cruise ship, we showered, had some dinner and went back out to do some shopping. I have to say, negotiation is not my strong point. But I think we did well in our spending for the kiddos.










Finally, we settled in for some karaoke spectating, and hit the hay for our next day in Calica.

No comments: