Friday, December 4, 2015

Long Term Substitute 6th Grade

I had the opportunity to be a long term substitute for Mrs. Sorenson a 6th grade teacher, for 4 weeks (End of November until Christmas break).  I love teaching and have my degree (expire certificate though) and have been subbing at the kids school Saratoga Elementary for quite some time.  I'm reputable and really... I guess I wanted to see if I had what it takes to be a full time teacher.  Although I loved this class and loved the teacher (despite her lack of organization-she has passion to make up for it) I decided I'm not quite ready to give up my home life yet.  Kids still need that consistency and also...I still need my decompressing time, and get errands done.  I admire full time working moms, especially the single ones.  It's very difficult to juggle all those responsibilities.  On the flip side, I've come to love these kids and root them on. 

Rotations for science:


This picture we had the beginnings of decorating the classroom with snowflakes.

Tarin helped me with another classroom decoration...






With the holidays comes Santa Clause at the school

and classroom parties

It was nice, students even brought me Christmas gifts. 
I loved teaching and finally got my groove with grading and organizing, but teachers have a tough job.  I learned a lot and will continue to sub to help teachers out and to help out my desire to teach.

No comments: