Friday, December 25, 2015

Christmas Morning

I didn't take too many pictures of Christmas morning.  It's not about what everyone got, but about what the day is about.  I'm so thankful for my Savior Jesus Christ.  He is the only stable thing in my life that keeps me on the straight and narrow.  Many things in my life have shifted and proven to not be secure, but my God will always be the same yesterday, today and forever.  His Son is the reason for this season, and I give my life to Him, just as He has given it to me.  His example, and his sacrifice will always be what keeps me striving to be my best.

On top of the excitement of Christmas morning, it also meant a thick, white Christmas.  It was coming down pretty good.  I measure it at 7 inches, but the snow drifts were up to a foot in several places.  This was wet snow, and very difficult to shovel.  Took Jarom and I quite sometime to clear the driveway.  But the crisp, fresh air in this beautiful world in the quiet of the morning is so refreshing.



My family all donated to a gift idea for my parents.  Alice had gotten this idea from Elder Oaks, I think.  It's a map with all those who have served missions, including themselves.  This meant Jake Adams and Brooke and Riley Palmer.  Pretty soon that map will be overflowing with how the earth is filled with the gospel.

ok the trend right now are hoover boards.  This was Tarin's main gift.  She was excited and brought it over to the Wardwell's that afternoon.
Little did she know that the gyro board would have problems (like hundreds of others) and we'd send it in and wouldn't get it back until about April, with updates from a recall.  Christmas in April...
Live and learn, live and learn...
It was a great holiday.  Love my family.

No comments: