Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Celeste Fister

     

This is Celeste Fister.  We knew her and her family back in Georgia.  Since then her family has split up and a lot of trials have come her way.  But she had the desire to serve a mission.  I love when people come out here from our Georgia home because I get to play host and show them around the rich, amazing church history sites here.  It was a snowy, wet day, but I pick her up from the airport and head straight to Salt Lake City.


We toured the visitor centers, tabernacle, and my brother toured us around the Church Office Building that he works in...

   

view from the church office building


Then we toured the Conference Center.  I hadn't done a full tour before and the building, paintings and architecture is awesome.


I liked this painting, I had never seen it before.
       

Next morning, before reporting to the MTC, we did a session at the Timpanogos Temple.  It was one of the older films, so it was kind of neat to see it again.

Finally, after a tour of BYU campus, I dropped her off at the MTC.  This will be my second person I have had the privilege to drop off and I feel the closeness a mother would have sending her own child off.  I'm proud of her choosing to serve her Lord.  Thank you Celeste for giving me the opportunity.  Best of luck on you mission. 




No comments: