Friday, June 26, 2015

Cecret Lake

A neighbor wanted to go hiking with kids, and there was this one trail I had heard about, so I decided to have a go at it.  Up Little Cottonwood Canyon is Alta Ski Resort.  During the summer it is so beautiful and I was excited to expand my knowledge of trails.  This neighbor, Jessica Cook, had a teen Jarom's age and two others close in age to my other kids, so it worked out.  Turns out she was a good resource for other events that happened that day with our oldest, but that is another story... it was a good lesson in obeying parents. (hint: Glade was his name-o)

We started out at Alta Parking Lot


 Ammon looked so peaceful, I had to snap a pic...

Still found patches of snow, so you've gotta stop and throw a few snow balls!! :o)

My little "posers" for pictures ...  hahaha
        
stopping to play in the creek

Couldn't get enough of this!!  Love the outdoors so so so much!!

got a hold of my phone and took tons of pictures just like this... I had to preserve at least one :o)

We made it!  I love watching the kids take it all in!  Lunch and exploring in the snow patches was well worth the 3 mile hike.

The Wardwell's and the Cook Family (Jessica, and kids: Austin, Ethan and McKenzie)

Tradition to dunk himself in snow melted lakes... such a goofball, but has a lot of courage.

The chair lifts are always to fun to play with.  The ladder to climb was exposed so the kids climbed up and found a nest in the cogs of the lift.  So cool.  Then of course swinging and climbing into the chairs itself is an adventure. :o)  It was a beautiful and  well worth it!
          

No comments: