Friday, March 20, 2015

Substitute Teaching

 I was asked to substitute teach for Raegan's class, Mrs LaFevre for an entire week.  That first morning this is what we saw, a beautiful sunrise come up through the AF Canyon.  

The teacher was very organized, and I appreciated it so much.  I had a great week and really got to know these wonderful kids.  Best of all, I got to be with my girl, Rae, every day. :o)

*Update- Aug2015 Not to toot my own horn, but sometimes subbing or teaching, you wonder if you make a difference.  The other day a mom of one of the students came up to me at church.  She thanked me for standing up for her son one day while I was subbing.  I instantly remember the incident.  The students were practicing for the upcoming Hope of America in the classroom and this boy was singing very loudly and a bit (or a lot) off tune.  He was proud to sing and I thought it noble.  Soon other kids were giving him a hard time and complaining that he was too loud.  I simply said he was doing a great job and that I needed more students to also sing just as loud.  I thought nothing of it, until here months later, I'm told it meant a lot to this boy and his mom who was in tears relating her thanks and joy to me for doing that for him.  My heart melted, but can only thank God, because I remember, distinctively, that my heart softened quickly after I heard him sing and feeling joy for him trying and it lead me to act the way I did.  I'm thankful for tender mercies, and that I am able to see them now and then.  I can only thank my Father in Heaven for such beautiful learning moments.

No comments: