Tuesday, March 24, 2015

My New Hobby

Last year, Trent had gotten me a road bike.  This is a hobby I really wanted to pick up.  I did a Triathlon a few years ago in Peachtree City, and loved the work out biking did for me.  It wasn't until this year I finally put myself out there.  I found a triathlon I wanted to try in Sand Hollow, in southern Utah, end of May, to get myself back into shape and moving toward a goal.  My life was in need of direction and accomplishments.  I was needing to find myself again.  The road can be lonely at times, but with these views, I'm at home with God in my heart.  This day, I rode 10 miles south down Redwood Rd, and turned back to complete the 20 miles.  I was so proud of myself!
Jarom has a friend, Karter White, who was on his basketball team that Trent coached.  Karters mom, Tia White, and I became friends and I found she was a huge cyclist.  I mentioned how I was trying to get into the world of cycling and we worked out a few rides.  She taught me priorities in equipment to build up, it gets so expensive, and taught me the rules of the road.  I know I slowed her down at first, but I think I really pulled myself up and pushed through the pain.  She has become a blessing in my life that I will never be able to fully explain.  God knew I needed her support and no-nonsense personality.  I needed her strength to help me see my own.  She will always be a piece of my life growing puzzle.

No comments: