Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Moments of Greatness

 Yes, this kid keeps life real!  I love his love to keep us laughing, crying and even the frustrating moments.  I wouldn't change it for the world.  I love him and all the moments our kids bring us.

One afternoon, our awesome neighbors the Vincents; Allie brought something over to me.  A few of us from the neighborhood had gone to lunch at Kneaders.  Afterwards, Allie and I stuck around to browse their fun selection of trinkets and crafts.  I was admiring this saying and loved it.  She knows what I've been going through and decided to buy it after I had left.  She's been a neighbor that doesn't smother or crave gossip, only interested in my and our families well being.  Best neighbors you could ask for.  I hope to be that for her.  But this is something I have the hardest time with.  I have so many fears of the unknown or what will be, and how things were, that it has consumed me at times.  I'm not perfect, but I do recognize this and continue to learn about the atonement and trusting God.  I need to trust God in all things.


Always trying to be a better mom, I need to spend more individual time with each of my kids.  Today, it was Jarom's turn.  I took him to Cafe' Rio for dinner.  He's a deep thinker like me and even over thinks things like me...  Blessing and a curse, me and him, but it's who we are and I love it in me and in him.  He's an excellent young man, and I'm excited to see who he becomes over the next many years.  Love his ability to love and love his deep spirit and intellect.  He teaches me a lot.

Speaking of growing up...  Jarom had his first shaving lesson!  Luckily his hairs are blonde, but it's crazy to me that it's that time...to have a shaving lesson.  Life is moving fast!  Too fast, and I'm sad to see my babies grow up.  But it's exciting to see them reach these milestones and move on.  So much for these young minds to learn.


No comments: