Saturday, January 31, 2015

Out Of Debt

Over the years, we'd jump out of debt, but would soon enough be right back in it.  I love listening to Dave Ramsey, and really wanted to try his class together as a couple.  We signed up in January for the 9 week course.  Its AWESOME!  I just hope we can stay strong and keep going.  We aren't in massive debt, but just haven't been able to keep consistent, so this has been great.


Today, we were doing the "cut up the credit card" event.  We literally cut up all the plastic, because we were officially out of credit card debt.  House is all we stand for with debt.  It's nice.  But we are strapped down tight in not letting ourselves spend out of our limit.  We've stopped the "bleeding" and it's hard to stick to cash only.  Each time I go to the bank to withdrawal cash, it's kind of embarrassing, but it's kind of invigorating to know we are taking charge of our money.  I just long to have a hefty saving and no worries for retirement.  One day... One day...

Part of the program also is about teaching your kids about money.  I just had to show this little guys enthusiasm to do extra chores to earn money.  I get clean showers (when I least expect it) and they all  get to learn how to earn money.  Win win in my book.


No comments: