Friday, December 12, 2014

Gift From The Heart

Only I would know what this gift means.  It's not something I want to elaborate on, but to only remember where my heart was/is.  This represents my heart and even sacrifice (that only I know about), and was rejected/misunderstood.  I'm thankful for the lessons of forgiveness that I've so carefully learned and continue to visit.  I've also learned, or still in the process of learning, that not everyone will accept this principle and they have their own choices to make.  I love how close I've come to God and to learn the power of the Atonement.  This Christmas season was rough, trying to stand tall and be courageous for my kids, but it was deeper in spirit and meaning then any other Christmas I have ever experienced.  I pray so much, my pants must have wear markings, but when I feel He isn't listening, I look back to that past many months and see the rocky path that has been so  heart wrenching, but leading in a direction of peace and overall joy.  I know in the middle of storms, I can't make any judgements.  I can only see the path behind and recognize where the Lord is leading me, then I must look forward and proceed with faith.  This lesson is my hardest and most stubborn to concede to, "Let the Lord guide you!", let him share the burden by yoking together.  He will lead you and make your burdens light.  (Matthew 11:28-30)  I find myself trying to do it all.  I will break down, but then with a stern look in the eye, I am reminded of this sobering fact, "Let the Lord guide you".  I am strong, and I am capable of so much as long as I keep God at the head.  I know this for me and know that I am loved, no matter what others think of me, I am my own self.  We all have room to improve and that is all I aim to do.
updated in January

No comments: