Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Busy Week

Jarom had a band concert, and looked so handsome in his dad's suit.  The best picture we could get of him was while he set up the instruments and chairs...I'm so proud of him and all of his hard work.  Bias or not, he's so good looking!  He's still first chair with his baritone in the highest band, Symphonic Band!  Nice work Jarom!!

I substitute taught for an entire week for Mrs. Goodrich, 5th grade.  I was a little worried for two reasons.  One, its the week before winter break, so kids are natrually going to be nutty, and two, It's the week before Christmas!  Oh, did I already say that?  Well, it was the cherry on the top when Raegan designed my lunch bag every day... that was an extra boost.  But the kids all did an amazing job in the class.  I was worried for rowdiness or lack of control I could maintain, but it was total opposite!  Loved those kids and we all learned a lot.  Assist. Principle was impressed and basically offered me a job ... not really, but told me to consider it next year as another 5th grade teacher is leaving.  I was flattered.

Trent and I went to see The Lower Lights with Peter Breinholt as a guess musician.  I like Peter Brienholt...but I won't lie and say I loved the rest of the show.  No doubt they are talented and I even love the southern genre, Love you Trent, but this group was over played in our house...I know you loved it and it was a cool venue.  Glad you got to see them.

No comments: