Friday, July 4, 2014

Teton Family Vacation

 I have tons of pictures, but I'm updating this blog (its October) and I have so much to catch up on...crazy couple of months in our family.

We planned this trip wanting to really experience the beautiful nature in the Grand Tetons and Jackson Hole, Wyoming.  I came here as a kid and rafted this same part of the river and wanted our kids to have a bit of appreciation for it as well.  It's gorgeous and magnificent territory.  We rented a cabin in Victor, ID about 20-30 min. from these parts.  It was nice instead of a hotel and not spending so much on eating out.  It was cozy and so comfortable.

Its Independence Day here in the Grand Tetons, we were ready to head over to Jenny Lake and ride the boat ferry to the Hidden Falls trail.

 We all loved the ferry to and from the trail.  

This picture doesn't do the falls justice.  Its magnitude is outstanding with the thundering outpour of water.  So spectacular to sit and take it all in.

There was inspiration point further up the trail, so Raegan, Rian and I decided to go to it.  I don't think we made it all the way, but this view was just as inspirational.  Beautiful day to remember our maker.  

Next day...
        
Here we were already for the Snake River outside of Jackson Hole.  I think everyone was a little weary what to expect, but I knew they would be happy when we were finished.  It was cold and a few of the kids did take the plunge when the water was calm.  It was really great.  Again, I had some awesome pictures of this event.  Memorable for sure.  Trent was lead with another guy and they were soaked for sure!

Later that afternoon, we had a packed lunch and walked around Jackson Hole.  So touristy, but really cool to be in the thick of the excitement.

Kids found this labyrinth at this church.  It was pretty neat.  
This was a short, but very sweet vacation.  Long enough to get just enough excitement in.  Love seeing my kids experience new things.

No comments: