Saturday, July 19, 2014

Hiking Timpanogos

 This day was bitter sweet.  I really had a great day and accomplished a lot and felt Trent did too.  He's afraid of heights and did an amazing job for doing so.  This day also began a rough road ahead that would affect me for the rest of our lives.  Anyone close to us knows our personal story.  I love you all.  (I'm updating this from October)
This hike is significant to me because my brother took me on this when I was a teen.  We only made it to Emerald Lake, which is still quite an accomplishment, but there was still the summit I had never reached.  Several times after, I still hadn't reached the top.  Finally this day, Trent (whom doesn't like to hike--deeper meaning) gave me the opportunity to make it up.  It was a wonderful accomplishment and meant a lot.  I hope we can have more accomplishments together.

Primrose section of the hike

Emerald Lake--slid down that glacier coming back

remember...this guy is afraid of heights.  He did so good!  I was so excited for him 

my turn for the glory shot 


The panoramic view was so marvelous, it literally takes your breathe away!

signing in on the log book at the shelter shack.  It's official.  We did it!

Again, this day was pivotal and significant and changed my life forever.  I have mixed emotions when I think back to this event.  It was the beginning to a new me.  The Lord works in mysterious ways to mold us into what we need to become...a refiners fire.  We, as children of God, need to be broken down, molded and shaped, built up and refined into knowledgable, experienced spirits.  This makes us wise and allows us to come to our Father in Heaven and KNOW He is God.  My three favorite scriptures: Ether 12:27, Mosiah 24:14-16 and D&C 58:2-4.


No comments: