Thursday, November 21, 2013

Welcome Home Mom And Dad

My parents served an 18 month mission to West Africa, Ghana, Kumasi.  It was time for them to make the return back home to the USA.  I was able to fly back to Arizona to see them come off the plane and be with my family.

We were all anxious to see them.

Finally they made it out of customs.  With the Palmers, there is nothing little about a crowd...
      

Made it back to their house and for the next few days, we got to see all the cool things they brought back and hear about all the extraordinary experiences they had.  
My dad had an outfit made for him.  He didn't put the shorts on, but it was really neat to see the handmade outfit.
My mom also had a dress made for her.  This was the only picture I have of her wearing it...they called her "Mama Ghana".

They had brought back a few artifacts that were very impressive.  All hand carved and made from beautiful wood.  I didn't capture all the items, but let's just say my dad gave all his clothes away in Ghana so he could pack as many items as he could.

My parents also had these bracelets and book marks made for all the grand kids and siblings - all hand woven.


Although it was fun to be around my parents, remember I come from a HUGE family and I had siblings to visit.  I was able to go over to my brother Ben's house and hang out with his awesome family.  First of all, Karen did my hair...yes I like the red.  She did a slight hombre in the back...the red won't be such a shocker when my roots grow in...you know I don't take care of myself and get my hair done often enough, so those are things I think about when I do get it done...
 Then I got to go to their piano recital.  They are so fun to watch.  Tatum gets to start up soon, so she didn't make the picture...afterward it was ice cream time.  I seriously love these girls.  Can't wait for Rian, Tarin and Raegan to hang out with them.  And yes, my brother being the funny guy that he is.


I also had time to watch the movie "Hunger Games (2)" with my sister Shanda, Dan and Tony.  Love those guys, wish I lived closer to hang with them more...Shanda and I did get to do a bit of hiking up Usery Park in East Mesa.  Ahh, I love my Arizona home.  So much character and I love the desert smells.  This is Scar Mtn.  Wish my phone pic did justice to the beauty.  And since it rained most of the time I was out in AZ, these hills will be blooming something fierce...wish I could see it.
 I need more sister time.  Thanks Shanda...still think it's funny we wore the same shirt...in my defense, I packed mine days before you :o)  Guess we look more like twin-ners with it.
Glad I could visit my home, even if it was a for a few days.  It was nice to see my parents home and fill my "family" canteen.  Love you all, see you at Christmas.


No comments: