Thursday, November 28, 2013

Thanksgiving Weekend

So I get back from AZ, Tuesday morning, the last day of school before break, and I have enough time to see Ammon in his Kindergarden class and their feast.  It was so fun.  I watched all of my kids in Kindergarden, but Ammon kind of has me all to himself and my attention since he is the caboose.  Wish I had this kind of time with all of my kids.  I love being able to help out in his class everyday.  (I got a job as a teacher's aide in the 2nd grade for 2 hours in the morning, so the last hour I get to spend with Ammon in his class.)


For the long weekend, we borrowed Trent's parents' 4 wheelers.  It was a blast.  The weather was just perfect enough to achieve plenty of riding.  There are several trails in our "backyard"!  Love having them so close.  It was also perfect to teach Rian and Jarom to learn the control of these machines.  I love giving them these opportunites to learn and try new things.  I especially love when they like it and run with it.
        
Jarom and mom                                                                            Rian and dad


After a few pieces of advice, we let Rian and Jarom ride on their own.  I smiled a lot watching these two.
    

The houses in the background is our neighborhood, so yes, this is our backyard.  But these hills and runs were the perfect level for Rian and Jarom, and for us to take the younger ones.  Doesn't look super steep, but when you are looking down some of them it's kind of scary at first.
        

Ammon had a blast riding with Rian and others, I couldn't get him off at times.  Raegan and Tarin also learned to drive, but not alone yet.  They also wanted to keep going.  
Love the view atop the big hill looking out over Utah Lake with point of the mountain on the left.

Trent and I decided to take the 4 wheelers together and explore the mountain behind us.  We found the service road up to the towers.  Still snow up there from the last storm.  It was pretty cool.

Thanksgiving dinner was at Trent's parents' house.  It was a blessing they still decided to have a feast even though only our family and Missy's family were in attendance.  It was definitely a quiet evening, but we are so blessed to have family close by to spend the holidays with.  So much to be thankful for.
        
Although we feel a little out of place in this new area, we know we are truly blessed with so much.   I could spend hours making a list.  Everything from hot cocoa to birds in the sky or a warm house to the gospel of Jesus Christ.  So much gratitude I need to express more often.

No comments: