Tuesday, July 9, 2013

We All Have Talent...


Activity Days

This was another successful day.  Sadly two of my girls (Tarin included) turned 10 and moved on to the next class, and two more will leave by the end of the month...but we all had a wonderful day.  Sewing and decorating, such sweet memories.  I have never enjoyed a calling as much as this one.  I've learned so much and look forward to every activity.  These girls are angels and lovable in every way.  I love teaching them and watching them smile.  Seeing them excited to come just makes my day.


 I have to give the credit of this purse idea to Megan Andersen and Lisa Ballard. They are the 8 yr old Activity Day leaders.  I found a fun pattern for a purse, but with limited time for the activity I decided to simplify the project.  These are fabric place mats I found at Ross for cheap, and sewed ribbon for the handles.  A piece of advice these ladies gave was to have the handles already sewn on, otherwise it takes too long per girls.

The girls sewed up the sides with an angled bottom to finish.  Then they were able to decorate with buttons and flowers left over from another activity.
                       
Next month I will have two more girls, one of which is Raegan...lose a daughter, gain a daughter.  I'm looking forward to it! :o)

No comments: