Friday, July 27, 2012

Y Mountain

The Mulberries are in town from Georgia and they had mentioned doing this hike...so I thought, I've been wanting to do this anyway, why not.  Turns out they changed their plans, but I went anyway.  Rian was a little sunburned from 7 peaks the other day, and Jarom just wasn't interested.  I was glad to take our youngest 3 and have some fun.  To my surprise we bumped into some great people!  Matt and Jenna Little were on their way down...I couldn't believe it!  This family was in the Brick Oven Apartments with us while going to BYU.  Their oldest daughter and Rian were born around the same time.  So many good memories came flooding back when seeing these guys! *gosh I'm not very photogenic!*

After visiting for a bit, we decided to get on with our hike.  My 3 amigos!

kids had to size up the trail...10 turns to the bottom of the Y

The view going up was amazing...and breath-taking (literally)!



I was so proud of my little ones making it up...it was pretty steep!  My favorite was when Ammon could see the Y in sight when hiking up and he asked if it was snow...I told him to go find out.  He took that challenge and ran the rest of the way up.  He was so cute on this hike.  Although he was a little of a complainer, he was determined to make it up and even ran some of it.  He was in front most of the way.  My girls were also troopers!  They always do a great job!  Such a fun adventure. 


Our snack lunch was devoured and we set out to take the down trail.  I had warned them to go slowly and wait at each turn for me.  I had seen several people come down (on our way up) with scrapped knees and knew the gravel was slippery.  Well, you guessed it.  Ammon, being my front runner, saw Tarin as competition and face planted!  The poor guy was shaken up.  But again, he was so brave and didn't give up.  Sure he cried, but was such a good sport.
 
 
I kept showing the kids as we drove away...WE DID THAT!
 They love to look for the Y now.

On our way home, I drove around BYU campus a little bit, since I haven't had the chance to yet.  And we decided to stop at the BYU Creamery.  Yum!
It was a good end to a fun morning...and...Ice cream always makes things feel better, my poor Ammy!

2 comments:

Troy & Kristin said...

Rhonda, I think you always look great! Hope you guys are adjusting well, we sure miss you down here! Bryn was sad that her cousins couldn't come to her birthday party. Sure hope you are enjoying Utah!

Troy & Kristin said...

Rhonda, I think you always look great! Hope you are adjusting well out there. We sure do miss you! Bryn was very sad that her cousins couldn't come to her birthday party. Sure hope you are enjoying Utah!!!! Maybe we'll make a visit out there one of these days.